Skip to main content

Gadget-Christina Erb


 I think I added a gadget with a link to the Temecula Public Library

Ronald H. Roberts Temecula Public Library | Temecula CA   I think this will be helpful to the people who are in Riverside Country versus the links to the San Diego area libraries.

Comments

Popular Post

Favicon

 Hello, my name is Michelle and though this is my first blog that I've worked on, I consider myself tech savvy and hope to share some tech knowledge here.  My first contribution to this blog is the addition of a favicon to distinguish ours from other Blogger blogs. A favicon is also known as a tab icon, URL icon, bookmark icon, etc, and is visible on the browser tab for the webpage.  In making this change, I also learned a valuable tip. At first when I was attempting to change the icon, the change was not visible. I learned that to force refresh a website and show changes that were made, I had to press Ctrl + F5. 

Slow Decline of Staffing in School Libraries (LT130, Teaching Others to Use Technology, KGaines)

  The Slow Decline of Staff in School Libraries When you think back to your early days in the library, what do you remember?  Some people might remember cozy storytime on the carpet, while others can recall being shushed by the librarian for being too loud.   However, what most people remember is learning how to use the library, most often by library staff either at the public library or their school library.  With that knowledge, the library opened up with infinite information - whether how to find just the right book, write a school paper, use a computer or the latest technology.  But what happens when library staff is sparse due to funding or other issues - who will teach the children how to access the library? According to the National Center for Education Statistics, employment of school librarians has decreased by 20% since the 2009-2010 school year (Maughan 38).  In the 2021-2022 school year, over 7 million students did not have a school librari...

Demise of School Libraries

Book Bans and Censorship by Michelle Amundson School libraries are facing several different difficulties these days ranging from budget cuts, transition to online sources and eBooks, to increasing controversy over books in collections. There has been a spike in books being challenged in both public and school libraries, ALA says an increase of 65% for individual titles, and a whopping 93% increase in public libraries alone (NPR). This is an incredible increase that challenges not only the books but the staff who curate the collections that these libraries hold. Mark Liberman states that “librarians have faced verbal abuse, online harassment, calls for criminal charges, and death threats” based on inclusive and diverse choices for their library collections. This is something that no library staff should have to face because of a disagreement in policy regarding provided library resources. Despite this increase in opposition regarding specific resources provided, there is still a fight f...