Skip to main content

IOS User Guide

 Hello! 

For this blog I wanted to add an iPhone/IOS user guide because I felt it could be very useful for teaching others to use technology. Many people who attend libraries don't have computers and come to the library to use the free Wi-Fi on their phone, or as I have witnessed think that it's a safe space to get help with learning how to use their phone. The iPhone is not the only phone people have, but seems to be the most common and I felt have a user guide allows people to learn how to use some of the apps that are available and set up their phone in a way they can understand. On a personal level, I have not used blogs very much other than for some guidance on assignments, but I have experience with assisting people with technology and have helped many older adults with their phones (mainly iPhones) because they struggle with understanding all the technology, especially when their family members believe they should have the most advanced technology without taking into consideration if they can learn how to use it. However, using this program was very easy and enjoyed being able to see each of the posts before adding mine. I also appreciated the layout of the program and it made created a post much easier 

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/welcome/ios

Comments

Popular Post

 Hi! For my contribution to our blog, I changed the blog Theme to Notable Coral and customized its primary color to light blue. In doing this, I realized that if I am not careful in making that sort of change can inadvertently cause my groupmates' contributions to disappear. When I looked at previews of the new theme, the Wikipedia gadget that Susan had added disappeared. To make sure I didn't undo anyone's work, I created a test blog of my own so I could have a low-stakes place to test the change to the theme without ruining anyone else's contributions.  -Carly L.